So it’s a new year and you’re looking to start exercising more, or maybe you’re looking to make exercising more fun. What better way to have a good time and get moving than to start roller skating at Wheels Skating Center in Odenton, Maryland?
Roller Skating Has Amazing Physical Health Benefits
- Cardio – Roller skating is a sure way to get your heart pumping and is much more exciting than going for a jog on the treadmill or hitting the elliptical. As a form of aerobic exercise, roller skating increases circulation and heart strength, improves overall heart and lung health, reduces the risk of certain diseases. It’s also easier on the joints than many other forms of cardiovascular exercise.
- Strengthening Arm and Leg Muscles – Because roller skating takes a lot of work from both your arms and your legs, it strengthens them. Pick up a pair of skates and you’ll be toned in no time!
- Improving Balance and Coordination – You may be familiar with the initial uncertainty about your balancing abilities the first time you put on your roller skates, but here’s the great news: the more you practice roller skating, the easier it gets because roller skating improves your balance and coordination skills.
In addition to a new entertaining way to keep fit, here’s an easy trail mix recipe that would be a tasty pre or post-rollerskating snack:
Personalized Trail Mix
A great way to get some extra protein in your diet is to make a trail mix. We’ll give you an ingredient list, but really, throw whatever your heart desires in the mix!
- 1 cup cashews, peanuts, or almonds
- ¾ cup raisins, craisins, dried cherries, or dried apricots
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1 ½ cup popcorn
- ½ cup coconut flakes or banana chips for added sweetness
Put everything in a container, give it a good stir or shake, and you have the perfect healthy snack that’ll satisfy your salt cravings and your sweet tooth. Double or triple this recipe and store it in the pantry to last for a few days of snacking.
For ways to get involved with roller skating at Wheels Skating Center or to learn more, Contact Us.